1 ¼ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
2 ½ cups of flour
Half cup cornflour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon sodium bicarbonate
6 tablespoons cooking oil
Chocolate Chips 2 cups
Almond nibs (optional and random amount if you want to add)
- Add butter, brown sugar, vanilla essence, and eggs to a mixing bowl and mix with a plastic spatula or big spoon.
- Add in flour, corn flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cooking oil, continue to mix well.
- Finally, add the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Wrap it with plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Coat the baking tray with oil, grab a lump (about the size of a Chinese lime) with your hand, and place it on the baking tray. No need to squash, the dough will flatten automatically when it is baked.
- Place in a 150 degree preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
* The biscuits will be soft when just baked. It will be more crispy after cooling!
* If you are adding almonds nibs, add in the almonds nibs after adding the chocolate chips and mixed well.